Debt Collection Softwares
Debt collection softwares are used to organize the daily job of collectors and to minimize the time spent on administrative and unproductive tasks so that they can dedicate working time to high-value tasks:
- accelerate cash receipts.
- negotiate with key customers in collaboration with business managers.
- identify and resolve quickly disputes that may prevent the payment.
- facilitate communication between departments with up to date data.
- involve employees of the company (sales manager, customers care ...) in debt collection and dispute resolution,
- measure performance (DSO, % of overdue, dispute resolution time ... etc.) on several perimeters (all AR or per customer or group of customers) and in real time.
Productivity and efficiency gains can be high when the tool is used by a coherent organization.
The application and database are hosted on the provider's server. The tool is supplied with data from the company's information systems through secured interfaces (SSL...).
Users access the tool through a web browser (Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome...etc.).
This SaaS model (Software as a Service) avoids the disadvantages of software "in board" (installations on each user station, payment of a license) and makes easier exchanges with other providers (credit insurance, financial information companies ... etc.). The software upgrades are no constraints for the user.
My DSO Manager, the online debt collection software
My DSO Manager is a revolution about the implementation and the use of a debt collection software.
The data import modules, Smart Upload, FTP secure and connectors (Quickbooks, Salesforce...) allow to start using the software very quickly.
Innovative and intuitive features (interactive emails, automatic reminders, cash forecasts...) provide with unprecedented opportunities to improve debt collection. The pricing allows all sizes of companies to use the software.
Our multi-entity platform allows to manage multiple legal entities of the same group. The flexibility of the software and customization options allow to meet all needs. See more with online demo.
Key features of Credit Management softwaresThese tools offer attractive features to significantly improve the efficiency of credit Management and debt collection with, as example (not exhaustive):
- Credit risk management :
- automatic integration of financial information about customers in the tool,
- setting of "scoring" customized according to multiple criteria (financial, payment behavior ... etc.),
- definition of rules to automatically assign a credit limit,
- internal validation workflow of credit limits and payment terms granted to customers,
- credit insurance management, configuration of alerts in case of impending foreclosure.
- Collection :
- setting of collections scenarios based on customers segmentations,
- collection diary including automatical dunning actions generated,
- automation of some customer reminders,
- sending with a few clicks of reminder emails - letters,
- use of intercative dunning to streamline communication with clients,
- internal disputes management workflow to isolate receivables disputed in order to accelerate the resolution,
- automatical calculation of late payment penalties which are included in dunning document.
- Reporting :
- real-time calculation of headline indicators of Credit Management and debt collection (DSO, overdue rates, bad debts rate...).
- aging balance available for all receivable or at customer level or customers groups level,
- historization of data to see customer payment behavior over time,
- cash forecast based on promises to pay and customers' payment behavior.
Criteria for choosing the software: performance and relevance
- Proposed features: recovery, dispute management, customer risk management, reporting. It is important to ensure that the software meets your needs. Avoid those who do not make easy customization of dunning documents when sending. Debt collection is a qualitative and not robotic job.
- Ease of implementation: this is the software that has to fit your internal systems (accounting and CRM) and not the opposite. further, flexible data import module is an indicator of the quality of the solution.
- Availability of tool for users that is also a qualitative criterion: 24h / 24h 7d / 7d for top performers, or restricted hours, sometimes less than 12 hours of availability per day for others who could be described as labyrinthine system.
- Speed of handling by users, intuitiveness of the proposed features: what is the interest of a functionally powerful software but that is used only of 5% of its capacity due to its complexity? Always think to operational users.
- Pricing: Prices are down so take advantage of this situation, especially as high price does not mean quality, it's quite the contrary.
- Beware of gaz factories: if the editor asks highly standardized data files according to their formats, if these files are to be sent on its server for limited hours or they are not taken into account ... look elsewhere. The time is for modern and flexible solutions.
- Do not be blinded by the features that are useless but evaluate those will really be used by your employees: to stand out in increasingly competitive requests for proposals, some editors have done a race for additional...and useless functionality, with as consequences complex and not intuitive software, that paradoxically include weaknesses on key features.
- If because it is more expensive, you think it's better, you're wrong. Price and quality are not linked in this sector. This is because a software is better designed, more flexible and efficient that it may be cheaper.